Monday, October 20, 2008

Journal 7

  • Things that Orwell mentions as proof that the English language is in trouble are the lack of precision , staleness imagery, the bad habits which spread by imitations , political and economic causes and the phrases we tend to use like "leaves much to be desired".
  • I think the English language is in somewhat worse condition from when Orwell wrote his essay because today more people are pursuing higher education , so there are more intellectuals , but our everyday English I believe is worse.
  • The rules that he believe can help ones writing are interesting ; but I would have to try them out in order to believe they work.
  • I really like that strategie , because it helps one not to be close minded about writing and be able to look at writing in a different way.I have never tried it but I think those strategies might be able to help one express through writing.

No comments: