Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This I believe


Patience is a Virtue, and those who have it can say it's a gift and a curse. All my life I felt that my patience has been tested and is still is today. It’s like I am in an endless season of a TV. show or Game show were your pain is peoples pleasure For example Boiling Points is a show that is timed , but the twist of that show is that you don’t know if you are on it , it is just everyday people during what they normally due and someone just comes and irate and test their patients. If you stay calm throughout the whole time the person is bothering you, you win one hundred dollars. Punk'd is a similar show but this one you don’t win anything, just you get to be on television and Ashton Kutcher who is a well known actor comes out and tells you that it was all a joke “you just been Punk’d”. But in the case of reality no one ever comes out and just says “Hey it was all a joke you have just been Punk’d!” and give you one hundred dollars for all your troubles.
I once heard a quote and I thought it was an interesting quote because I didn’t really understand it the quote was written by John Dryden, 1680 “Beware the fury of a patient man.” It was a little confusing when I first read it but now a understand it; a patient man doesn’t have fury and the person that is testing it, will be the one getting angry and loosing his/her head. I realize the meaning of that quote when I started working at a shoe store, every day the costumer would be testing the Sales associates patience , by make you bring 50 shoes out for them to try own , complaining that you are not giving them your devoted attention and in the end of they do not get anything. It is hard sometimes to keep your patience especially if you just want to take all those feelings you have bottled up and just let them out. I honestly don't know how it works, but when it does you feel better. I have been tested in so many different situations in my life physically and mentally, big and small. For example when someone took my art work cause the thought is was theirs and ruining by painting it over with different colors, My ride forgetting about me , my little brother breaking my laptop, even these small things tested my patience. Life maybe is a rollercoaster and even though you can't get off until the ride is over. Make the best of it that is what I am trying to do and I understand why people in a way envy patience because paitence is protecting from most of life cruel ways and disease. Too many Americans are being diagnosed with High blood pressure and my mother told me with my patience I will be able to be healthy and enjoy life. Sometimes I do feel like why do I have to always received the bad news or why do I have to be tested. But I feel that if I keep my patience the good news will just being popping out of nowhere just like Ashton Kutcher.

No comments: