Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Journal #1

1. Describe the situation that made you feel a need to respond in writing ? 
   I wrote that poem after my brother had to go to the emergency room because his blood sugar was low.
2. Why did you decide to respond in writing , instead of taking some other action or not responding at all ? I decide to respond in writing because I felt that it was the only I could have express my feelings and explain the situation by being more in depth.
3. What type or genre of writing did you use to communicate your purpose , and why did you choose this genre? I choose to do a poem but in free write style because i felt that it would be the best way to express myself.
4. Who was your audience and what kind of relationship did you want to establish with your readers? My audience were my classmates and my AP english teacher, I wanted them to be touched by the poem and relate it to an incident that they may have experience.
5. What was your purpose in writing? Did you feel you accomplished this purpose ?  My purpose  was to make others be able to relate with my incident and express my  love for my brother.
6. What knowledge of the context and culture did you draw on to guide your writing?
 I did everything from personal experience.
7. How is thinking about your writing as responding to a rhetorical situation different from other ways to think about the writing you do? When you write, most of the time you don't think about rhetorical situations, you just think about putting your point across.

No comments: